Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Go Phillies!!!!!!!!

The first game of the playoffs is today. I grew up watching the Braves and became quite a fan when the Durham Bulls fed to them. However, for some strange, unknown reason, I've been converted into a Phillies fan. I'll still pull for the Braves if they are playing other teams but I have really enjoyed following the Phils this season.

I'm sure the Mets feel somewhat like I do about failing the bar exam by 1 point. The Mets choked AGAIN in the last game of the season, despite being in front heading into the last games of the season.
Excluding the 1981 split season, the Mets became the first team in major league history to hold 3 1/2-game division leads in consecutive Septembers and fail to make the postseason both times...

What went wrong for them? I'm sure they can't get that loss out of their heads and will analyze it over and over again. It was also the last game at Shea Stadium and the Mets disappointed their fans. They blew it....not once, but twice.

I will not be the Mets. I may have blown it this time, but I will not blow it again in February. To that same note, here's hoping the Phillies don't get swept (again) like they did last year for the NL Championship.

Go Phillies!!!

No comments: