Friday, April 3, 2009

Still Soaking it all in

I'm not sure when it will finally hit me that I passed. The results were posted online a few days ago and seeing my name on that list felt good. All of the congratulatory words, text messages, and emails were very much appreciated.

Someone asked me how long it took to get to this point. I had to think about it for a second. Let's see....I took the LSAT in July 2003, got accepted at NCCU in December 2003, started in the evening program at NCCU in August 2004, graduated in May 2008, took the Bar (v.1) in July 2008, took the Bar (v.2) in February 2009. It will have been almost 6 years from the time I started getting ready for law shcool until I'm actually able to practice law. In a way, passing the bar serves dual purposes: it ends one cycle in my life but also begins a new cycle.

I'm hoping my license and bar number will come in a few weeks and then I can really get the ball rolling on my next endeavor: going solo. Yes, I'm taking the plunge, but I do feel ready for the risk and ready for the challenge. I feel like I have the suppprt, energy, and motivation to be successful at it. Oh, I also like peanut butter and rice and beans, which is a good thing since that's all I'll probably eat for a few months.

This weekend is full of fun stuff: Full Frame Documentary Festival, John Prine concert, and of course, UNC is in the FINAL FOUR!!!!!!!! GO HEELS!!!! I'm still not done celebrating that I passed and it is a relief to be able to have fun without the Bar exam lingering over me.

As for this blog, I will continue to post here until I've got my solo practice blog going. I do have a few more things I want to say about this whole process, but it's a nice day outside and I'd rather go celebrate....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm in the same boat...still kind of in disbelief. I must have read that letter about 400 times and it's still unreal. I wasn't in this much shock when I passed TN!

AND, just got a letter in the mail from the Bd. of Law Examiners saying that they found out I passed the March MPRE (mind you, my score report is still not available to me)...so it's really officially official! :)