Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pass the Bar Exam

That's MY New Year's resolution.  In a way, achieving other resolutions are secondary and dependent on passing the bar exam.    Reducing the amount of time I spend online will happen as I study more to accomplish my main goal of passing the bar exam.  Getting more exercise will happen as I take study breaks or as I do multiple choice questions while on the treadmill (yes, I did that the other night and found it to be a surprisingly effective study practice).  

Last night, as I toasted to the New Year, I think I surprised myself by saying that 2008 was a great year for me.  Yes, I failed the bar exam, but otherwise I had a great year.  The happiness, love, and satisfaction that I felt as a result of the other events of the year made failing the bar exam seem minimal.  Generally speaking, life is pretty good for me and I have much to be thankful for.

So, on that note, I resolve to pass the bar exam in February. I have been studying half-heartedly for the past month, but I feel like I am making progress.  Studying will really kick into high gear this Monday....after I go fishing.  I will do 4 hours of studying each day through January and up to 8-10 hours a day in February.  The good thing is that I am not learning this stuff for the first time and much of it seems like review.  

When I pass the bar exam in February, I will be able to start working on achieving other goals that I have set for myself....visit new places (South America, Canada....), start my own business, volunteer more, and hike with my dogs more.

But, as my supportive sig other says....first, I have to pass the bar exam.  Then, the real fun will begin :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Good luck on the February bar exam. I, too, am a repeat taker and plan on passing this time around as well! Are you working full-time while studying? Or taking time off?