Friday, September 5, 2008

Roll Call

Today is the day that the results will be posted online for everyone and their grandmother to see (assuming granny gets online or is even around). However, it should be noted that there will be some names missing from that list other than those of us lucky enough to have not passed. Some people may have passed the bar exam but had not taken (or passed) the MPRE (ethics exam) before sitting for the bar exam. Also, some people may still be pending a character and fitness interview for whatever reason (drugs, prostitution, shoplifting, kicking a cat in middle school). So, I am preparing myself for a few emails and/or calls from some folks when they don't see my name on that list.

Yep, I passed the MPRE in November. Yep, I passed all of my character and fitness stuff (which reminds me---will I have to keep amending my application until March? Grr.) But, no, I did not pass the bar exam. Shucks.

I went to UNC-Chapel Hill for undergrad. I am a huge UNC basketball fan. Failing the bar exam is possibly like UNC losing to Kansas in the Final Four last year. They had the best team, the best player, had practiced a lot....yet still got beaten. But, everyone came back for this season and now we all think there is no possible reason we won't win the NCAA Championship....of course, unless we get beaten again. I make this analogy to comfort myself and maybe comfort others who felt that they would win against the Bar Exam, but who, unfortunately, lost.

For those who say or think I may not have done enough....in my mind, I did. I did Invest in Success (a program at my school geared towards bar prep), BarBri classes, PMBR, over 2000 multiple choice questions (maybe even more---I lost count after awhile), at least 3 full-length timed practice MBEs, a poster for every NC subject, notecards, post-it notes, listened to PMBR CDs...you name it, I tried it.

And I still lost.

But, hey.......there's always next year.

No comments: