Monday, September 22, 2008

Under 21

I feel like I'm 20 again---everyone else is going out to party while I sit home and wait for the day that I am legal, too.  The good thing about that is that I eventually turned 21 and was able to join my friends as they pounded cheap Jell-O shots and sipped from Blue Cups at He's Not. Once I was there with them, I realized I had not really missed much at all.  I bet joining the bar in the spring will feel the same way.  Right now I'm hearing about what goes on at the bar, but soon I will be hung-over with the rest of them.  One difference, though: I can't "fake" sitting at this bar while hoping no one will ask me for my license.  Even trying to fake it at this bar will mean giving up my barstool forever.

Speaking of drinking (and trying to live up to my promise of talk about good food and drink), on Wednesday night, I joined a bunch of other Triangle-area beer nerds in welcoming Stone Brewing to NC.  I tried an 11th Anniversary (actually, 2) and an Oaked Arrogant Bastard.  The evening of libations at Tyler's was followed by dinner and dessert at The Federal.  I chose the bread pudding for dinner while my favorite dining companion enjoyed a big (yet very reasonably priced) plateful of rabbit.

At least I'm admitted to those bars.  And, in April, I'll be let in to the NC Bar.  I hope there's some good beer waiting for me.





No comments: