Monday, September 1, 2008

An Exclusive Club

We, the failers, are an exclusive group. Based on statistical reasoning alone, more people pass the bar than fail it. I find relief in those who say "No one passes the bar on the first time!" because, although it's not true, it reminds me that most people outside of the legal community have very little knowledge about what the Bar exam really is all about. It is a mammoth exam and I'm not sure what passing it really means about one's ability to be a zealous advocate. I have found comfort in the words of many of my classmates who consoled me by admitting their fear...that any one of them could be sitting at the edge of the bar with me right now, with that "unsuccessful" letter in hand (mine is now wine-stained).

I do hope that I am one of a few from my alma mater to not pass on the first time. I sincerely hope our school has the highest pass rate ever. Based on what I'm seeing, it looks like most of my classmates have passed. CONGRATULATIONS to all of you!!!!!! I truly wish I could be a part of the celebration (and the passing rate), but I will be there in February, no doubt. I still feel a bit left out, but I'm sure that feeling will pass as the days go by.


No comments: