Monday, February 23, 2009

Closing the Books....for good

And the time to close those big green books has finally come.  Finally.  In a way, these past 6 months have flown by.  On the other hand, I feel like I've been studying forever.

I didn't get as much done today as I thought I would, but I think I figured out why.  Adrenaline pushes us to study more, train more, etc.  I just didn't feel like I need to have a final "push" today.  I made flashcards for Civ Pro, Mortgages, and did a few other cards for some definitions/rules that I always seem to forget.  I've had a plan this time and I've stuck to it.

I re-read the July 2008 exam.  I can see now that I could have answered  some of those questions better than I did.  That being said, since I only missed it by one point, I am a bit concerned that the bar would have given me a license to practice considering those answers. It really it a test of minimum competence...you just can't be minimally competent on some things and completely incompetent on others.

I think I know all I can know to pass this test on Tuesday/Wednesday.  All of my books and outlines are now reduced to about 200 index cards that I will flip through tomorrow.  And then I'll relax for the rest of the day.

To my fellow re-takers:  I wish you all the best and hope to see you on the other side of the bar very soon!

To my law school friends: thanks for all of your support and kind words over the past months...I am honored to have such wonderful colleagues.

To other friends: thanks for believing in me and for always having a beer with me, whether I pass or fail.

To my family:  thanks for being there for me when I got the bad news and thanks for always reminding me that my performance on this exam is not a measure of who I am.

To V:  thanks for being so understanding of my need to study and for listening to me go on and on and on about what I've been studying, and most importantly, being a shoulder to cry on when I feel scared or overwhelmed.  

I truly hope I will not have to go through this again. It is a learning experience and it has been an opportunity for a lot of personal growth.  But, I really really really really do not want to go through this again.

That all being said....it's time for bed.

No comments: